Minnesota Farm Accident Lawyer & Attorney
Working on a farm has a number of benefits, especially if you hate the idea of sitting in a stuffy office 40 hours a week. However, it also comes with plenty of downfalls and a number of workplace hazards. If you or someone you love has been seriously injured or killed in a farming accident then Contact the McEwen & Kestner, PLLC to discuss your options for financial compensation.
Farm Accident Injury
Some common types of farm accidents include the following:
- Design defect and manufacturing defects on farming equipment including tractors and packing machines
- Hay baler, power auger, corn picker, tractor or other agricultural equipment accidents
- Failure to warn of foreseeable hazards
- Removal of shields, guards and safety devices from farming equipment
- Improper maintenance or repair of farming equipment
- Breach of warranty concerns
- Power takeoff malfunctions
- Illness or sickness due to the product or chemicals used
- Tractor rollovers
- Pesticide exposure and fertilizer burns
Many farm accidents will result in severe or disabling injuries including loss of limbs, traumatic brain damage, spinal cord damage or broken bones.
If you have been injured or are feeling ill at the workplace, it is important to tell your boss about it. Fill in a workplace incident complaint, no matter how small or insignificant the incident may seem. A minor ache now could turn into a lifetime of back pain. Furthermore, a slight cough could be the signs of a serious infection or sickness due to a pesticide or other chemical.
To avoid any farming accidents, always wear the proper equipment including steel toed boots, a hat and sun protective clothing during the summer. Always ask for help if you are unsure and never work if you are overly tired, under the influence of drugs or alcohol or not feeling well.
Farming Injury Lawsuits
Farming accident lawsuits can be complicated to say the least as a farm is often a domestic dwelling as well as a workplace. At the McEwen & Kestner, PLLC, we can help you sort through any confusion that comes with any farming accident including workplace compensation laws and personal property liability. While you focus on recovery, we will take care of the legal side of thing. We will work closely with the insurance agencies, your physicians and our own forensic experts to make sure that all aspects of your injuries and expenses are taken care of. This includes the following:
- loss of wages and loss of projected income if you are unable to work for a long time
- medical expenses including specialists visits, surgeries, pain medication and other drugs
- rehabilitation fees including occupational therapy, psychical therapy and any additional therapy you may need
- first aid equipment costs including a wheelchair and any accessories needed to get around the house
- additional expenses incurred including day care for the children, etc.
- loss of quality of life
- if the accident has resulted in death, then the cost of funeral and burial expenses
Minnesota Farm Injury Attorneys
If you or someone you love has been injured due in a farming accident, Contact the McEwen & Kestner, PLLC at 651-224-3833 or toll free at 800-732-3070 today to get the legal advice and financial compensation you deserve.