Minneapolis Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer
A slip and fall accident is also referred to as a premise liability lawsuit and occurs when someone slips and falls due to a dangerous condition. While in some instances a slip and fall accident will only result in a bruised ego, in other instances, it could result in a serious personal injury. Some of the more common injuries we see due to slip and fall accidents include hip injuries, skull fractures, head trauma and back injuries, all of which can be physically debilitating. If you have been injured in a slip and fall accident, contact our team of qualified personal injury lawyers today.
Instances of Slip and Fall Accidents
Some of the common reasons for slip and fall accidents include
- Wetness and slippery areas: Spills, heavy rainfall and melted ice can all cause an area to be slippery. However, it is the responsibility of the manager to ensure that these spills are wiped up right away and marked so that all visitors will avoid these spots.
- Ice: parking lots during the cold Minnesota winters are an accident just waiting to happen. Black ice, slush and snow can all make for dangerous walking conditions. Again, it is the responsibility of the owners to take the time to point out dangerous areas and salt the parking lot to reduce the chances of slipping
- An unmarked obstacle: if you have tripped and fallen due to an unmarked obstacle or a bump in the road, then it could be the fault of the city council. They are meant to block off any unmarked obstacles and bumps in the road.
Negligence and Compensation
If you are on someone else’s property then it is their responsibility to ensure that the area is safe. Most slip and fall injuries occur in public areas such as in malls, office buildings or other high-traffic areas where people are constantly coming and going. However, just because there is a lot of traffic does not mean the managers or owners of the business should neglect the keep the floor safe.
If you have been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident, you could be looking at the following expenses and financial costs:
- Medical expenses including medications, specialists visits and surgeries
- Physical therapy, massage therapy and other occupational therapy if suffering from chronic pain
- Loss of income if unable to work
- Additional expenses including first aid equipment, child care for any children and other related costs
If you have fallen in a mall, parking lot or any other area, you will most likely be put in touch with an insurance carrier. They may try to buy you off by offering a discount to the store and asking you to sign a document. Do not do anything until you have seen a doctor and spoken to a lawyer. Even if you do not feel any pain, it is best to see a doctor as some slip and fall accidents will not show up for a few hours or days.
Minneapolis Slip and Fall Attorney
If you have suffered serious injury due to a slip and fall accident, do not suffer in silence. Contact the McEwen & Kestner, PLLC at 651-224-3833 or toll free at 800-732-3070 today to get the legal advice and financial compensation you deserve.